My name is Agnese, i was born in Italy and i'm a PROUD ITALIAN FOOD BLOGGER. Check out my traditional Italian recipes on my blog! Enjoy Italy!

Italian Fried Sage with Anchovies Classic Recipe


Italian Fried sage with anchovies

Sage on the balcony is growing visibly. Strangely is one of those herbs that I use very little, if not in the classic preparations like butter&sage or saltimbocca. Sometimes I prepare the mice of fried sage that I like particularly stuffed with anchovy paste. Some people in the batter puts a whipped egg white, me I gave up for lack of eggs at home.
Definitely not a new recipe for you readers Italians, but for those American might be a nice novelty:-)


Ingredients


  •  60 sage leaves
  • anchovy paste in a tube
  • 120 grams of flour
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt
  • 1 glass of beer
  • oil for frying

Preparation

Prepare a batter with flour, olive oil, salt and beer. The consistency should be semi-liquid. Wash and dry the sage leaves. Put a little 'of anchovy paste between two sage leaves, dip in batter and fry in hot oil.


Enjoy this little Italian classic recipe!

Nessun commento

Posta un commento

Powered by Blogger.